Over the past year, I’ve served as a Mentor Pastor to a group of 4 seminarians who were Ministry Fellows with the Fund for Theological Education. Sarah and I were both Ministry Fellows in 2004 and it’s been a blessing to be able to continue to be involved with the organization.
Each Fellow is given a grant to be used toward a project of their choosing. Earlier this week, we met with the 20 Ministry Fellows from the 2011 Class, and heard about some amazing projects that students did, many of which are ongoing. One of the young women in my group, Caroline Peacock, started an audio series of interviews she did with people in the field of pastoral care. You can find the blog and audio interviews on her website: Voices of Pastoral Care: An Audio Series of Luminaries and Sages in the World of Pastoral Care.
What she has created is an amazingly rich resource for seminarians and pastors who are interested in the field of pastoral care. She was able to interview some really great people, including the following:
- Rev. Dr. Bill Harkins: I had a couple classes with him at Columbia Theological Seminary, and he was definitely one of my favorite professors.
- The Most Rev. Dr. Katharine Jefferts Schori
- Rev. Christine Davies: A classmate of mine at Princeton Theological Seminary, she is doing a lot of work with social media and chaplaincy
- Rev. Dr. Pamela Cooper-White
- Rev. Mark Francisco Bozzuti-Jones: This is an amazing interview that you will want to listen to – he serves as Trinity Wall Street
I think Caroline is hoping to continue this series and add some new voices. If you’re in ministry, or a seminarian, or someone who’s just interested in pastoral care, I’d highly recommend this audio series to you.