Only 6 weeks until the Children, Youth and a New Kind of Christianity Conference in Washington, D.C. (shoot, I better work on my travel arrangements!). As this conference gets closer and closer, my excitement grows for what I think is going to be a really excellent conference. I’m really hoping to come back with some great ideas for the children’s ministry at our church.
The conference website just released the full list of presentations and workshops, which you can find here. I think the ones I’m most looking forward to from that list are:
- Ivy Beckwith, “Godspell, Footloose (the original) and a New Kind of Children and Youth Ministry”
- Rosemary Beales, “Godly Play: An Imaginative Approach to Religious Education”
- Sara Million, “Kindness, Courage, and Nourishing Children to Think for Themselves”
- Marti Andrews and Belinda McCafferty, “Let the Children . . . Stay”
- Melinda Melone, “Welcoming Rainbow Kids: Resources and Approaches for Working with Youth in the GLBTIQA Community”
- Anna Speicher and Rose Stutzman, “Sunday School that Doesn’t Have All the Answers”
Are you going to the conference? Have you been thinking about it but having registered yet? You can register here. What presentations and workshops are you most looking forward to?