A couple months ago, I blogged about the Cleaker’s money woes. Well, I’m happy to write again, two months later, letting you know that we have figured out all of our issues!
Well, not really. But I have been playing with a really hot web application for money management: Mint. I just logged in, and I can see our joint checking and savings accounts, my Cleave Design checking and savings accounts and our Discover and Alaska Airlines credit cards all in one place. If we had other accounts to add in, we could still add them as well. From there I can get an Overview of my funds (or lack thereof), track my spending habits and investigate different ways to save money. I’m kind of a sucker for smooth interfaces, and has a beautiful one.
Mint is great because it offers:
- A little financial organization.
- Insight into where your money goes, across all accounts.
- Email & SMS bill reminders and alerts.
- Personalized savings suggestions averaging over $1,000 during our beta.
- Since Mint is free, and only takes a few minutes to setup, why not pass along a good financial tip?
I’ve enjoyed it and found it to be helpful – and perhaps you will too!